Annapurna Base Camp via PoonHill
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeTrekking, Vacation
Activity Level Moderate
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek from Pokhara starts with a bus or private jeep ride to Pokhara from Kathmandu. This trek is perfect for any physically fit people, who can walk on an average of 5-6 hours in a day or more.
During the Annapurna Base Camp trek, you will trek to the highest altitude of 4130 meters at the Base Camp. The possibility of getting altitude sickness is always there after you reach 2500 meters and above. You might go through some symptoms of altitude sickness.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek itinerary presented here takes 12 days, starting from Kathmandu and overnight in Pokhara. The next day go to Ulleri and next, going north up to Ghorepani and the famous viewpoint at Poon Hill. The distance for Annapurna Base Camp Trek route covers around 115 km round trip and takes you 7 to 14 days. You will be walking 10 to 20 km depending on your speed, length of walking days and rest day.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Accommodation standard hotel in Kathmandu and neat and clean twin one bed during trekking.
- Meals during the trek (3 meals- breakfast,lunch & dinner)
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- If you are a solo traveller additional cost USD180 will be charged.
- All experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader.
- Sleeping bag and down jacket (to be returned after the trip).
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits and TIMS.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All local Government and local taxes
- All transportation cost, fees and tax for arriving or leaving Nepal
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival and late departure.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.) Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
- Nepal Entry Visa
- Airport/Hotel porterage
- Trekking porterage
- Optional tours and activities
- All items not specified in “COST INCLUDES”
Arrival Kathmandu and you will be transfer to the hotel at Thamel Street.
Kathmandu to Pokhara takes 6 hrs drive and 30 minute fly. We will stay in 3 stars hotel in Pokhara.
Pokhara to Birethanti takes 2 hrs drive and to Ulleri 4 hrs. Walk through the lush, green Modi river valley; pass waterfalls with plunge pools that invite you to swim. Ascend steep staircase to Magar village of Ulleri. Where you will be rewarded with breathtaking views of the valley below and the peaks of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
Ulleri - Ghorepani (2850m/5hrs)
Ulleri to Ghorepani takes 5 hrs trek. A gentle climb through pasture and cultivated fields. As the trail climbs higher, you walk up beside the cascading river through refreshing cool oak and rhododendron forest to Ghorepani.
Ghorepani– Chuile (2100m/8.5hrs)
Early in the morning hiking up to Poonhill (3210m asl) for about 3 hrs to see sunrise view of the Annapurna & Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre and back to hotel for breakfast and heading to Chuile.
5 hrs trek, the route starts ascending above the west bank of the ModiKhola, and continues up to the village of Chommrong and then Sinuwa. Along the journey enjoy the natural environment the view of mountains upfront.
The trek to Duerali takes about 5 hours walk, up and down with the view of beautiful mountain.
Duerali–Annapurna Base Camp (4130m/4hrs)
Duerali to Machhapuchchhre and then to Annapurna base camp takes 3 to 4 hrs trek. The route going up and down and then begins on a broad grassy path, before climbing over lateral moraine and down to the beautiful ablation valley. We soon reach the British Expedition Annapurna South Face Base Camp (4234m.) The best views are probably obtained from the crest of the moraine, which we follow until it is cut through by the glacier flowing down from HimalChuli to the north.
Annapurna Base Camp - Bamboo (2300m/7hrs)
Early in the morning to see sunrise view of Annapurna One & Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre and have breakfast at ABC teahouse. Trek to Bamboo will takes at least 6 to 7 hrs follow the same route we came from.
Trek to Jhinudanda (Natural hot spring)
Trek down to Kyumi and drive to Kathmandu (dinner not provided)
Airport drop after breakfast