Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeOn Budget, Vacation
Activity Level Challenging
Helambu Trek is part of Langtang and Gaisunda Trek in Langtang National Park. Helambu Circuit Trek is relatively easy and short trek offering high majestic mountain view of Langtang Lirung, Guangcheng, Dorje Lakpa, Jugal Himal, Gauri Shankar and Rolwaling and enrich in religious aspects that found Stupas, Chhortens, Mani walls, and monasteries are characteristics principle of Helambu. Not only the Helambu is being popular with the visitors due to favor climates and offering a wide range of biologically diverse, beautiful landscapes, charming villages, pristine culture.
The Helambu trek commences from Sundarijal, Kathmandu passage through the Shivapuri National Park, Chisapani, Kutumsang and Tharepati a junction from Gogainkunda then steep descend to Malachi Ghyang, a secret village of the region where Guru Rimpoche (Padma Sambawa) was meditated in the 8th century.
The trail leads us to steep down to Melamchi River and cross a bridge climb up to Tarkeghyang passing through the beautiful village, landscapes, stupas, and monastery. Trek to Shermathang is easy to walk through the forest of Rhododendron, oaks, and firs and visit the monastery along the trail and arrived in Gang Hyul a small beautiful hill station offering a splendid view of villages. Melamchi pul bazaar then drives back to Kathmandu. This is the usual route of Helambu circuit trek can be customized according to the time frame and interests.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350 m)
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing & Preparation for the Trek
Day 03: Kathmandu – Sundarijal – Chisapani (2300 m)
Day 04: Chisopani – Kutumsang (2446 m)
Day 05: Kutumsang – Thadepati (3650m/11972ft)
Day 06: Tharpati – Tarkeghyang (2560 m)
Day 07: Tarkeghyang – Sermathang (2,610 m)
Day 08: Sermathang – Kathmandu 6h00 drive.
Day 09: Final Departure
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Food during the trek (Three times Meal- lunch, dinner with seasonal fresh fruits And Breakfast with tea/coffee).
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Alpine Glacier’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits and TIMS.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Private transportation except what is mentioned in the What Is Included section
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.) Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
Arrival in Kathmandu (1350 m)
Arrival in Kathmandu (1350 m) Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you will be greeted and welcomed by our agency’s representative at airport. Then transfer to Hotel.
Kathmandu Sightseeing & Preparation for the Trek
Kathmandu Sightseeing & Preparation for the Trek
Kathmandu – Sundarijal – Chisapani (2300 m)
Kathmandu – Sundarijal – Chisapani (2300 m) 1h00 Drive, 4h00 walk. We will start trek from Sundarijal; an hour drive from Kathmandu then trek to Chisopani traversing by small settlements and dense forest of Shivapuri National Park to Chisapani.
Chisopani – Kutumsang (2446 m)
Chisopani – Kutumsang (2446 m) 7h00 walk. Today is second day of the trek that leads a trail descending to Pati Bhanjyang passing through the cultivated fields with glimpse of Langtang Himal and easy walk along road to Thakune Bhanjyang. Then steep climbs to tea shop then easy descend to Gul Bhanjyang, the trail climbs up to Kutumsang.
Kutumsang – Thadepati (3650m/11972ft)
Kutumsang – Thadepati (3650m/11972ft): 6h00 walk. The trail goes climbs up in the top ridge of village with steep climbing till Mangingoth. Then, the trail leads gradually ascends to Tharepati on the ridge of hills through the dense pine and rhododendron forest.
Tharpati – Tarkeghyang (2560 m)
Tharpati – Tarkeghyang (2560 m) 7h00 walk. With panoramic mountain scenery from Rowaling to Langtang range and majestic sunrise on Earth, we start trek with steep descends until cross the Melamchi River. Then trek leads gradually climbing up to Tarkeghyang. There is biggest and oldest monastery in Tarkeghyang and popular in Helambu region.
Tarkeghyang – Sermathang (2,610 m)
Tarkeghyang – Sermathang (2,610 m) 4h00 walk. It is easy and relatively flat and not much ascends to Sermathang passing through the rhododendron forests, villages, cultivated lands and monasteries along the trail to Sermathang. Discover the village and its monasteries.
Sermathang – Kathmandu 6h00 drive.
Sermathang – Kathmandu 6h00 drive. The village is mostly inhabitant by Hyalmo people. This is our final day of the trek and possible to get bus in Sermathang if the road is not destroying in summer rain. Otherwise, descend to Melamchipul Bazaar then catch a bus to Kathmandu.
Final Departure You will transfer to airport 3 hours before your schedule flight.
Your feedback is most important for us to improve our packages.